Audition Information for Drowsy Chaperone
What you will need to prepare:
● A 1-2 minute song (or part of a song) from a Broadway musical that shows off your vocal capability and range and is stylistically appropriate for our show
● Please have an accompaniment track to sing along to. This should not have anyone singing your part along with you.
● Tracks can be on your phone or MP3 player. We will have an aux cable and adapter for iPhones without headphone jacks.
● You cannot sing a song from Drowsy Chaperone
What you will need to wear to auditions:
● For singing and acting days – a solid color shirt, jeans or black pants
● For audition bootcamp, dance day, and callbacks – comfortable clothes you can move in, tennis shoes, dance shoes if you have them (ballet, jazz, or character shoes)
● For all days, please have your hair pulled away from your face.
● If you are wearing makeup, please keep it neutral with no wild colors
Audition Schedule –
● January 21st – January 31st – Audition sign ups – sign up on the bulletin board outside the chorus room or in the black box
● Monday, February 3rd – Audition Bootcamp – everything you need to know about how auditions will run and how to best present yourself for auditions – not mandatory to attend
● Tuesday, February 4th – Male Music Day – all males will present their song – students can leave after they sing, all male auditioners must attend
● Wednesday, February 5th – Female Music Day – all females will present their song – students can leave after they sing, all female auditioners must attend
● Thursday, February 6th – Dance Day – all auditioners must attend
● Friday, February 7th – Acting Day – all auditioners must attend
● Monday, February 10th – call backs
● Tuesday, February 11th – Tech Crew meeting during Wildcat Period
● Wednesday, February 12th – Cast list will be posted
● Thursday, February 13th – First read through
There is a $150 participation fee. This will cover your t-shirt and 4 provided dinners as well as other production costs throughout the rehearsal process.
A detailed rehearsal schedule will be released on February 3rd, but generally the week will run 3:30-5:45 like this:
● Monday – Dialogue and blocking
● Tuesday – Choreography
● Wednesday – Blocking
● Thursday – Music
● Friday – Full Cast Blocking
Students will not be called for all rehearsals, and the detailed rehearsal will list which scenes will be worked on for each rehearsal.
These Saturdays are already scheduled and all cast members will be called:
● February 22nd – 9:00-1:00 – bring your own lunch
● March 14th – 9:00-6:00 – bring your own lunch, snack will be provided toward the end of rehearsal
● March 28th – 9:00-9:00 – bring your own lunch, dinner will be provided
All rehearsals will be held in the PAC.
Tech Week and Show Dates
● April 20th and 21st – 3:30-9:00 – bring a snack if you need it, dinner will be provided
● April 22nd and 23rd – 3:30-7:30 – bring a snack if you need it
● April 24th – opening night – students will stay after school and not leave campus – show at 7:00, doors open at 6:30
● April 25th – students need to arrive by 4:00, show at 7:00, doors open at 6:30
● April 26th – students need to arrive by 12:00, show at 2:30, doors open at 2:00